Organic jaggery is produced from sugarcane cultivated in organic farms without any chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Processing is done without using any of the toxic and harsh chemicals used to clarify cane sugar, and is derived from the process of evaporation of raw sugarcane juice without separating the molasses from the crystals. Its flavor is described as an aromatic blend between brown sugar and molasses with sweet undertones.
The difference between organic jaggery and refined sugar are that jiggery contains trace minerals not found in sugar, such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and calcium, has a richer taste as compared to refined sugar, and that it is a potent sweetener, so that a smaller quantity gives you greater satisfaction. Our organic jaggery has a mineral content approximately 50 times greater than refined sugar and five times more than brown sugar. Just a teaspoon of our organic jaggery delivers approximately 3-5 mg of calcium, 3-5 mg phosphorous, 6 mg magnesium, and 45 mg of potassium.
Benefits of Organic Gur (Sugarcane Jaggery) from Shashwat Organics:
- Easy to digest;
- Instant energy boost;
- Rich in mineral salts;
- Helps in treatment of throat and lung infections;
- Balances any blood sugar level deficiencies quickly;
- Especially recommended for pregnant women as it removes all the blood clots from the body of a woman within 40 days after the birth of a baby;
- Excellent for anemic people as it is a good source of iron that helps in increasing hemoglobin level in the body;
- Helps in the blood purification, along with preventing rheumatic afflictions, and bile disorders;
Product Details & Care Instructions:
- 100% Vegetarian
- Shelf Life: 12 months
- Storage & Care: Store in an airtight container in a dark and cool place. Keep away from water and heat.