Our desi cows graze in an open, stress-free environment with ample sunlight and breeze so they can exercise. They are fed on a completely natural diet of native grasses, ayurvedic medicinal plants and nourishing herbs available in Sahyadri mountain ranges, and are milked only after the calf has had sufficient milk.
Our Natural Vedic Free-Range Desi Cow Ghee is made by the traditional Vedic method, whereby fresh, raw, unprocessed milk is boiled and converted into curd in a clay pot, which is then churned with wooden hand churner and makkhan (white butter) is extracted in the process. This makkhan is then separated and boiled in a thick iron vessel on a mild, cow-dung fire.
Highly nutritious, our Vedic Ghee has a rich authentic flavor and aroma, granular texture and numerous ayurvedic as well as medicinal properties.
Benefits of Natural Vedic Free-Range Desi Cow Ghee from Shashwat Organics:
- High smoke point;
- Free of lactose and casein;
- High in beneficial compounds like CLA and butyrate;
- Contains several fat-soluble vitamins, including vitamins A, E and K;
- Reduces inflammation;
- Promotes weight loss;
- Ancient SuperFood;
- Improves and strengthens the immune system;
- Improves and strengthens bones;
- Vital for mental clarity, improves memory, enhances brain function, and balances the mind;
- Vital for digestion, and helps with ulcers and constipation;
- Keeps eyes healthy;
- Keeps skin healthy, and can be topically applied for the treatment of burns and blisters;
- Safest alternative for the lactose intolerant;
- Easily digestible source of saturated fat;
- Contains butyric acid which is known to have anti-cancer and anti-viral properties;
- Contains conjugated linolenic acid which is helpful in losing weight, especially belly fat;
- Has been known to slow the progress of some types of cancer and heart disease;
- Rich in antioxidants;
- Aids in the absorption of vitamins and minerals from other foods;
Product Details & Care Instructions:
- 100% Vegetarian
- Shelf Life: 6 months
- Storage & Care: Store in an airtight container in a dark and cool place. Keep away from water, heat, and direct light.