Our organic sour spinach, khatti palak, chuka koora, or green sorrel is tart and slightly fleshy, great for overall health, and can be used in salads, dals, curries, semi-dry sabzi, and chutneys.
A great recipe is a salsa with raw chopped chukka leaves, along with garlic, green chilies and a generous drizzle of sesame oil.
Benefits of Fresh Organic Khatti Palak or Chuka (Sour Spinach or Green Sorrel) from Shashwat Organics:
- Rich in vitamin C - valued for its ability to prevent scurvy;
- Great diuretic and digestive properties;
- Relieves constipation;
- Alleviates bronchitis and asthma;
- Beneficial for healing disorders of the lymphatic and glandular systems, liver and spleen diseases;
and urinary and renal disorders;
Product Details & Care Instructions:
- 100% Vegetarian
- Shelf Life: 3-4 days if unrefrigerated
- Storage & Care: Store in a dark and cool place, preferably refrigerated. Keep away from water and heat.