Mustard is one of the most common spices in the Indian kitchen, and are used for tempering, pickling and in salad dressings. Black mustard seeds are bigger and possess an earthy, far less bitter flavor than the small mustard (baarik raie) seeds, and are a rich source of oil and protein.
Mustard is known as shorshe in Bengali, rai in Gujarati, Hindi and Punjabi, sasuve in Kannada, aasur in Kashmiri, kadugu in Malayalam and Tamil, mohori in Marathi, and avalu in Telugu.
Benefits of Organic Raie or Sarson (Mustard Seeds) from Shashwat Organics:
- Generates warmth;
- Rich in selenium, known for its high anti-inflammatory effects;
- Reduces the severity of asthma attacks;
- Reduces the severity of certain symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis;
- Lowers blood pressure;
- Reduces the number of migraine attacks;
- Rich in calcium, manganese, omega 3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, protein and dietary fibre;
- Increases appetite;
- Excellent for digestion;
- Increases the rate of metabolism;
- Great for menopausal women who have trouble sleeping;
Product Details & Care Instructions:
- 100% Vegetarian
- Shelf Life: 12 months
- Storage & Care: Store in an airtight container in a dark and cool place. Keep away from water and heat.